Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Field Experience

This week I'm laid up at home, due to some surgery I had. I expected to be back to work by today, Tuesday, but the surgery was much more extensive and complicated than the doctors had imagined, so as a result, the recovery is too. I need to take this entire week off as well. But here is the problem: I have my AP exam in 3 weeks! Of course all my classes are important, but this is really NOT the time to be missing my AP class. So, I realized that a blog would be a perfect solution to this problem. All week, I've given them assignments through the blog, and they are responding through postings. It is almost as if I have to change my course to be an "online" course for a week. I had to get all their email addresses, I had to create appropriate activities, and I had to instruct them on how to use it. (You would think they know... but many of them didn't!!!) What I'm loving about it, is that they can make a posting, but they MUST reply to another person's posting, making this format much more interactive than the regular composition type of assignment I normally give. I'll keep you up to date on how it goes.

The only bad thing about this is that I have one blog account for a few different blogs. So, when I respond to you all, it comes up as "Sra. Juana", rather than "Maggie". Sorry -- I'm not trying to be so formal, but I can't have my students calling me Maggie!

No comments: